Light Up Your Legs With Just Your Bodyweight
You don’t need a bar on your back for this leg-day workout
You won’t be loading up plates on a barbell for this leg workout, but your legs will feel just as swole. This killer leg day workout will take you to the edge of leg-sanity and back. These movements build upon each other so that you won’t need heavy weights to get that leg burn you crave on your lower-body days.
- The rolling pistol squat is explosive and will turn up your heart rate up right out of the gate. This is a great movement to increase athletic performance.
- The single-leg hover squat is a controlled movement which focuses on lower body strength and stability.
- The bodyweight isolation squat builds lower-body muscular endurance. It will be extra challenging due to the pre-fatigue of the single-leg exercises preceding it.
Just as your puppies are begging for a break, you’ll have to return to an explosive movement: the squat jump. You’ll probably feel 20-pounds heavier by the time you get to these. Strategically placing this exercise at the end of the circuit is a great way to add difficulty to the squat jumps without adding resistance.
This zero equipment workout is one you can do almost anywhere, so there are no excuses to skip leg day.
Directions: Perform the exercises below in the order listed.
- Rolling pistol squat, right, 5 reps.
- Single-leg hover squat, right, 5 reps.
- Rolling pistol squat, left, 5 reps.
- Single-leg hover squat, left, 5 reps.
- Body weight isolation squat, 30 seconds.
- Body weight jump squat, 30 seconds.
Rest for 45 to 60 seconds. That’s 1 round. Repeat for 5 rounds.