7 Tips For Indulging This Holiday Season
From balancing feasts with intermittent fast to the three-bite- dessert rule, you can have your cake and eat it too.
- Drink a large class of water before and during large feasts so your stomach will already have a good section filled.
- Limit alcohol to one glass or one beer and only two days a week. It is important to note that alcohol does contain calories – 1 gram of alcohol has seven calories.
- Chew slowly until your food becomes soupy – chewing aids in digestion, which actually begins in the mouth.
- One or two days a week, fast intermittently for periods that range from 18 to 24 hours. Basically, eat dinner at a normal time and then don’t eat again until around noon the next day. You can have coffee and water until then.
- Do two consecutive vegan or vegetarian days to give your body a break from all meat sources. This helps with a very acidic meat diet.
- When your party schedule allows, conduct a five-day ketosis cycle, during which you will eat roughly 70 percent quality fat, 20 percent protein and 10 percent carbs.
- Practice the “three-bite rule” on desserts.