Quinoa with Harissa Chicken
- 250g chicken filet
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 150g quinoa
- 1 courgette (zucchini, cut into cubes)
- 100g chestnut mushrooms (cut into slices)
- 2-3 sprigs thyme (leaves only)
- 2 leaves sage (chopped finely)
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (roasted)
- olive oil
- Rub the harissa on the chicken filets and sprinkle some of the smoked paprika over it. Don’t overdo it as the smoky flavor can be quite overpowering.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan and bake your chicken. Be careful as the harissa tends to spatter a bit
- Put a pot of boiling water on and add 1 cube of chicken stock. Once boiling add your quinoa and cook for about 15minutes or according to package instructions.
- Heat a frying pan with oil and bake your courgette first. Once they start to soften, add the mushrooms and the thyme leaves as well as the sage.
- Roast your sunflower seeds in another (dry) pan
- Drain the quinoa once cooked and add the baked courgette and mushrooms to it. Be sure to check the seasoning and add salt and pepper where needed. Add the sunflower seeds. Slice your chicken and drape over the quinoa. Sprinkle with chives.