Buy 5, Drop 5 –Part 2
Put these power foods on your plate and eat your way to a smaller size.
- Pomegranate: New research shows that these pretty fruit beads may not only increase feelings of fullness (so you eat less), but also make what you do eat taste better.
- Firm Tofu: Not into mock meat? This might change your mind. People on a plant-based diet shed 60 to 100 percent more weight than non-vegetarians.
- Natural Peanut Butter: It is loaded with monounsaturated fats, whose resume includes major skills at fighting belly chub. Plus, PB has about half the sugar of more-processed spreads.
- Broccoli: Why broccoli rocks: The crunchy crucifer has enough fiber (four grams per serving) to temper even the most raging of appetites.
- Fresh Ginger: This nausea-quelling root can settle your tummy, and perhaps flatten it too. The nearly calorie-free zing of flavor stokes calorie burn.