Loaded with nutrition and flavor, the versatile carrot goes way beyond an ordinary snack.
- Enjoy Them Roasted – combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon cumin, and dashes of salt and pepper, then toss with 1 pound carrots. Roast at 425 degrees for 20-35 minutes. Mix ¼ cup yogurt with dill, drizzle over carrots, then sprinkle with roasted pepitas.
- Cook A Soup – in a pot, sauté ½ cup chopped onions in 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Add 1 chopped garlic clove, 4 teaspoons minced ginger, 1 pound chopped carrots, and 1 chopped sweet potato. Add 1 ½ cups broth. Cook until veggies soften. Puree in a blender.
- Mix Up A Slaw – Shred 1 pound carrots and add to a large bowl. Add 4 chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 teaspoon tamari, and juice from 1lime. Mix well and sprinkle with toasted black sesame seeds.
- Make A Mashed Side – chop 1 pound carrots and 1 large peeled turnip, then boil for 15-20 minutes. Mash with a potato masher or briefly process in a food processor. Stir in 4 tablespoons butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sip On A Juice – wash and juice 3 large carrots, 2 apples, and a 1-inch piece of fresh ginger for a refreshing and tasty way to boost daily nutrient intake. Using a masticating or whole-food juicer will allow for better fiber retention.