Power Hour – Mike’s Top 4 Strength Tips
- Live Strong. Create a lifestyle around strength. Sleep at least seven hours, avoid alcohol, and get your diet in order.
- Have A Plan. Have a set routine so you are not wandering the gym. A bad plan can be better than no plan.
- Train Your Brain. Visualize yourself succeeding. Lie down, relax, and play a movie in your head in which you accomplish your gym goals.
- Produce Power. Every time you do heavy core lifts, go as explosively as possible for the entire range of motion.
- Deadlift* – 1 set of 2 reps
- Speed Deadlift** – 3 sets of 3 reps
- Dumbbell Shrug – 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps
- Chin Up*** – 50 total reps
- Dumbbell Row – 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps
*90 percent of 1 rep max.
**80 percent of 1 rep max.
***When you can do 50 reps in nine sets or fewer, add 10 pounds.