From Joe to Pro Workout
Strength Circuit I:
Do three rounds of the following circuit. Rest 90 seconds to two minutes after the final exercises.
- Alternating Dumbbell Bench Press – 8 reps
- Single Leg Dumbbell RDL* – 8 reps
- Dumbbell Front Squat to Press – 8 reps
* Hold one dumbbell in each hand.
Do the following superset twice. Rest one minute between supersets.
- Standing Cable Lift* – 8 reps
- Split Stance Dumbbell Curl to Press – 8 reps
*Perform as a reverse woodchopper, going diagonally upward across your body.
Strength Circuit II:
Do two rounds of the following circuit. Rest 90 seconds to two minutes after the final exercise.
- Lateral Bridge* – 10 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Slide Squat** – 8 reps
- Single Leg One Arm Dumbbell Row*** – 8 reps
- Swiss Plate Crunch (Behind Head) – 15 reps
*Set up in a plank position, then roll onto your forearm and stack your feet, keeping your hips slightly off the floor. Extend your hips toward the ceiling from this position. That is one rep.
**Hold a pair of dumbbells at shoulders. As you squat low, slide one foot out to the side. Repeat for eight reps per side.
***Perform a dumbbell row from a standing position, with one leg out behind you. Repeat for eight reps per side.