Mike’s Body-Weight Core Workout
Do two sets of 10 for each exercise. Do 10 reps per side for exercises 3, 5, 6, and 7.
- Cross Crunch – Perform two full sit-ups; on every third rep, do a bicycle crunch, touching knees to elbows.
- Dolphin – From a plank, drive hips up toward the ceiling, return to plank, and tap right knee to right elbow. Switch sides and return to plank.
- Piston Crunch – Lie on your back, and curl knees into chest. Grab one foot with both hands; extend other leg. Switch sides.
- Forearm Jack Curl – Fromm plank, crawl forward once on each forearm. Jump feet out wide. Return to plank. Crawl backward and repeat.
- The X – Lie on back with arms and legs extended out in an X. Tap one hand to opposite foot above core. Lower back down. Switch sides.
- Flip Flop Crunch – From a side plank, crunch top elbow and knee in front of core. Get into full plank, then side plank. Crunch on the other side.
- Corkscrew Twist – Lie on back with legs vertical. Bring knees toward one shoulder. Lower legs. Tap heels on ground. Twist on other side.