Train Your Body Type – Short Man Workout
Why do cookie-cutter programs when you can have a workout that suits your own proportions?
Stockier guys around 5’10” and shorter, who have naturally broader shoulders and shorter limbs, may need to extend their range of motion on certain exercise to activate the most muscle. Bulgarian split squats will stretch out the hips while working more leg muscle. You should also take advantage of ab rollouts. Because short arms don’t have to reach far, rollouts wont overextend the lower back as they can on a tall guy.
Directions: Exercises marked A and B are alternated, so you will do a set of A, rest as needed, then one set of B, rest, and repeat until all sets for the pairs are completed.
- 1A Deficit Deadlift – 4 sets of 10 reps
- 1B Weighted Dip – 4 sets of 10 reps
- 2A Bulgarian Split Squat – 4 sets of 10 reps (each leg)
- 2B Suspended Push Up – 4 sets of 10 reps
- 3A Straight Leg Hip Thrust – 4 sets of 12 to 15 reps
- 3B Ab Wheel Rollout – 4 sets of 8 reps
- 4 Turkish Getup – 1 Rep (do reps for 5 minutes