Train Your Body Type – Tall Man Workout
Why do cookie-cutter programs when you can have a workout that suits your own proportions?
If you’re 6’ or tall or more, with long arms or legs, you’re going to have trouble with classic barbell exercises like the bench press and back squat. You’re simply not built to perform those lifts efficiently. You will likely do better with dumbbell bench press, which allows your hands to move freely, making for a safer and more comfortable movement for the shoulders and elbows. At the same time, front squatting will be easier on your lower back and will let you squat deeper.
Directions: Exercises marked A and B are alternated, so you will do a set of A, rest as needed, then one set of B, rest, and repeat until all sets for the pairs are completed.
- 1A Front Squat – 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps
- 1B Low Incline Dumbbell Press – 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps
- 2A Close Grip Chin Up – 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps
- 2B Reverse Lunge from Deficit – 4 sets of 10 reps (each leg)
- 3 Dumbbell Angled Press – 4 sets of 10 reps