Roasted Pears with Granola and Cranberries
Caramelized natural sugar – and a satisfying crunch – will make you forget you are eating a healthy dessert.
- 3 pears
- 3 tablespoons stevia
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup low-fat granola
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 ½ cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, divided into 6 scoops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel pears and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out core with a spoon. Place in a glass casserole dish, cut-side up.
- Mix stevia and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of pears.
- Combine dried cranberries and granola in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Pour apple juice into pan with pears.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove pan and mound the cranberry-granola mixture into the holes created by missing cores. Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pan and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Plate pears and drizzle with remaining juice. Serve with frozen yogurt.
- 140 calories
- 3 grams protein
- 25 grams carbs
- 1 gram fat