5 Pounds to Go
Looking to begin the new year by ditching a few pounds? Use this powerful cardio program to strip body fat in eight weeks with a specific plan to lose 5 pounds.
Five pounds doesn’t necessarily seem like a lot of weight, but sometimes those first (or last) 5 pounds are the hardest to lose. For the next eight weeks, do cardio four days per week with a rest day between most workouts.
Days 1 and 5
30-minute incremental treadmill program.
- Minutes 1 to 5 on a speed of 3.5 and 0 incline
- Minutes 6 to 10 on a speed of 3.7 and 2.5 incline
- Minutes 11 to 15 on a speed of 3.7 and 5.0 incline
- Minutes 16 to 20 on a speed of 3.7 and 7.5 incline
- Minutes 21 to 25 on a speed of 4.0 and 7.5 incline
- Minutes 26 to 30 on a speed of 3.5 and 0 incline
Days 3 and 7
30-minute steady state elliptical program (use an elliptical trainer that has moving handles).
- Minutes 1 to 5 on a sped of 55-65 rpm
- Minutes 6 to 25 on a speed of 75-85 rpm
- Minutes 26 to 30 on a speed of 55-65 rpm