Carrot Soup with Herb Yogurt
- ½ cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Herb Yogurt
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high head. Add the onions, carrots, thyme, 1-teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the onions are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are completely soft, 12 to 15 minutes.
Puree in a blender, in batches, until smooth. Stir in the carrot juice and vinegar. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.