Back to Basic – Top Rehab Tips
Follow this lifting advice to keep joints healthy.
- Avoid Behind the Neck Presses – Palms behind the ears force the shoulders to rotate backward and place a lot of stress on the shoulder joints.
- Bar Only – Before shoulder pressing, bench press with just the barbell to stretch the front delts and entire shoulder girdle. Lower the bar slowly.
- Stretch Out – Stretch every muscle that is being trained through its full range of motion before a workout. It is better to weaken the muscle than get injured.
Sample Shoulder Workout:
- Dumbbell Lateral Press – 6 sets of 6 to 10 reps
- Upright Row – 4 sets of 6 to 10 reps
- Smith Machine Military Press – 4 sets of 6 to 10 reps
- Rear Pec Deck Flye – 4 sets of 6 to 10 reps
- Barbell Shrug – 6 sets of 8 reps