A Stronger Soup
Want to get rid of leftover holiday turkey? Make it into a high protein soup that serves up big gains any winter afternoon
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 small carrots, sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ cup uncooked white rice
- 1 ½ cups shredded roasted turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the carrots and rice and simmer until tender, abut 12 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in turkey and dill and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 333 calories
- 40 grams protein
- 28 grams carbs
- 6 grams fat