Snack on this nutritional nut to help manage your waistline.
- 2 cups pistachios, shelled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put pistachios on a baking sheet in a single layer; bake for about 7 minutes.
- Add to a food processor in increments and scrape down sides periodically for an even grind.
- Blend for about 15 minutes, or until the pistachios are smooth and creamy.
Quick Tip: The empty shells can serve as a visual cue as to how much you’ve eaten – a cue not offered by a bag of chips.