Thanksgiving Leftovers – Sweet Potato Mash
What do you do with a fridge full of turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberries and pumpkin pie? You turn them into muscle –building meals.
- 10-12 ounces sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/8 cup skim milk
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon chopped thyme
- Peel all the skin off sweet potatoes or yams.
- Blend potatoes with an electric mixer. Slowly add milk. Add salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a sauce pot over medium heat, stirring often. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes until desired temperature is reached. Place n a serving dish; top with cinnamon and thyme.
- 137 calories
- 3 grams protein
- 32 grams carbs
- 0 grams fat