Pomegranate Quinoa Tabbouleh
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup coarse chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 small, firm apple, cored and diced
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped raw pistachios
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Then, in a small pot over medium-high heat, combine it with 1 ½ cups water and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed and the grains are cooked, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, olive oil, lemon juice, scallions, garlic, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Add the parsley, mint, pomegranate seeds, diced apple, pistachios, and feta. Toss carefully to combine. Garnish with a few mint leaves and serve.