A Half-Day in Hell
Got a few hours to kill? Try cultivating your own warrior spirit with this abridged SEALFIT session, pulled straight from their advanced Special Operations Immersion Academy. A gradual cool down and at least 20 minutes of dedicated stretching or yoga should follow this four-phase workout, which represents only a portion of the morning session, immediately.
Phase 1: Warm-Up
Sandbag Getup and Step-up – 30
- Use a 70-pound sandbag and a 24-inch box. Alternate legs on each rep.
Phase 2: Strength
Standing Barbell Overhead Press – 10 sets of 3
- Choose a weight that you can handle safely for 5-6 strict presses. Rest no longer than two minutes between sets.
Phase 3: Work Capacity
As many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in 20 minutes
5 Curtis P’s
15 Wall Ball Shots
- (Curtis P) power clean a 95 pound bar from the floor and, with the bar in the rack position, perform a lunge with each leg, then push press the weight overhead. That equals one rep.
- (Wall Shots) use a 20-pound ball.
Phase 4: Max Effort
10 X 100 Sprints
- Work your way up to top speed on each sprint as quickly as possible and sustain it through 100 meters. Rest 2-3 minutes between sprints.