Persimmon Avocado Salad with Sesame Lime Dressing
- 3 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. white miso
- ½ cup pepitas
- 2 Fuyu persimmons
- 1 small, ripe avocado
- 1 large bunch spinach (about 8 cups)
- ¼ cilantro leaves
- In a small bowl, combine sesame oil, lime juice, brown rice vinegar, honey, sesame seeds, and garlic. Mash the miso against the side of the bowl with a fork to dissolve, and whisk all ingredients vigorously until emulsified. Set aside.
- In a small, dry pan over medium heat, toast the pepitas until they are golden brown, stirring often, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Halve the persimmons, remove any seeds, and slice thinly, lengthwise. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Remove the skin and slice thinly, lengthwise.
- Combine the spinach, cilantro, avocado, persimmons, and pepitas in a large salad bowl. Toss with the dressing,
- 327 calories
- 22 grams fat
- 33 grams carbs
- 7 grams protein