Be strong for Life
The best moves up your performance in your favorite sports and everyday life. Functional fitness trains all your muscles and your nervous system to work better together for improved strength, coordination, agility and balance.
- Benefit – You will be better at standup exercises and avoid ankle sprains. Strong calves help prevent ankle rolling.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and parallel: lift one foot. Without locking knee of the standing leg, rise onto the ball of your foot. Hold, then lower heel without touching floor. Do 10 to 20 reps per side.
3 Point Squat and Reach:
- Benefit – Improves your balance game. It also helps you get up easily from seats.
- Stand with legs together, a 5 to 10 pound weight in each hand. Squat: bring weights to outside of left foot, arms parallel. Stand: squat and extend weights in front of you. Stand: squat and bring weights to outside of right foot. Do 5 to 10 reps.
- Benefit – Helps your running. Also, you will be able to pick up heavy objects.
- Hold a 10 to 20 pound barbell with arms hanging straight in front of thighs. Hinge forward at hips: go as low as possible, keeping back and neck in a straight line. With weight in heels, power through hamstrings to return to standing. Do 8 to 15 reps.