Fruit Salad with Basil Ice Chips
- 1 cup lemonade
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped plus a few whole leaves
- ½ small watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 4 kiwi peeled, halved, and sliced crosswise
- ½ pint blueberries
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, pour a very thin layer (about 1/8 inch thick) of lemonade. Add whole basil leaves, laying them flat, and sprinkle chopped basil evenly over pan.
- Place pan on a level surface in the freezer, double-checking that basil leaves are evenly distributed. Freeze until solid, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, mix together watermelon, kiwi, blueberries, and peaches and divide among six bowls. Remove tray from freezer and, using a knife, gently pry ice sheet up, breaking it into shards. Place basil ice chips vertically in each fruit bowl and serve immediately.
- 114 calories
- 1 gram fat
- 28 grams carbs
- 2 grams protein