The Perfect Lunch Salad
Salmon Lentil Salad with Yogurt-Dill Dressing
- ¾ cup dry French lentils
- 1 pound skinless salmon filets
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup plain, 2 percent yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Place lentils and 4 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer covered until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain excess water.
- Meanwhile, place salmon and a few pinches of salt in a large saucepan, adding enough water to cover fish by about 2 inches. Bring to a very light simmer with just a few bubbles breaking the surface; cook eight minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Remove fish with a slotted spoon and gently break apart fish with a fork.
- Toss together the lentils, arugula, tomatoes, cucumber, mango, avocado and scallions. Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Place lentils mixture on serving plates, then top with salmon and dressing.
- 487 calories
- 40 grams protein
- 37 grams carbs
- 23 grams fat