The Perfect Lunch Salad
Chicken Pizza Salad in a Jar
- 2 whole-grain flatbreads
- 2 small zucchini
- 4 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 4 ounces bocconcini or chopped fresh mozzarella
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted olives
- 4 cups baby spinach or arugula
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush flatbread with oil, place on a baking sheet and bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Let cool, then chop into pieces.
- Using a blender, puree all dressing ingredients until smooth, adding more oil or water if needed. Divide dressing among four large, wide-mouth glass jars.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave zucchini into thin ribbons. Divide zucchini, chicken, bell pepper, cheese, olives, spinach or arugula and bread pieces among jars in that order and seal shut. Chill and use within four days.
- To serve, pour salad into a serving plate or stir together the jar’s contents and dig in.
- 434 calories
- 31 grams protein
- 16 grams carbs
- 29 grams fat