Crunchy Cashew Sesame Bars:
- Coat 8×8 baking pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray; line with parchment, leaving overhang on all sides.
- Toast 1 ½ cups cashews, 6 tbsp. raw sesame seeds and 5 tbsp. flaxseed in separate areas on a rimmed baking sheet in a 350 degree oven, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool. Set aside 2 tbsp. sesame seeds and 1 tbsp. flaxseed.
- Process cashews and remaining seeds with ¼ cup wheat bran, ¾ tsp. kosher salt, and ¼ tsp. ground cardamom in a food processor until smooth.
- Bring ¼ cup pure maple syrup and 1 tbsp. coconut oil to a boil in a small saucepan; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour over cashew mixture and stir to coat.
- Press mixture firmly into prepared pan with wet hands (it will be sticky). Top with reserved seeds; press to adhere.
- Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then cut into bars.
- Makes 12