5 Ways To Lose 10 Pounds Fast
Need to get the scale moving in a hurry? Use these last-minute strategies to (safely) drop double digits in just a week.
Summer has arrived. It is time to put the finishing touches on your beach body and show off all the hard work you have put in this year. And if you are struggling to lose those last few pounds of fat, you need to crank your fat loss into overdrive. Instead of trying the same old tired – and sometimes dangerous – fads, follow these five simple rules and drop 10 pounds in just seven days.
- Carbs After Training: Completely eliminating carbs from your diet, as some might attempt when trying to lose weight, will almost certainly work against you because carbs give you the fuel you need to train hard. Without them, your workouts – and therefore your results – will likely suffer. Even when you want to get lean, starchy carbs such as rice and potatoes are vital. Stick to clean carbs and limit them to the window immediately after you blast your body with heavy strength exercises and/or cardio to ensure that they are used specifically for recovery and growth.
- HIIT and Heavy: If you want to burn fat quickly, crank up your training and cardio another notch. But instead of doing too much isolation work or drastically increasing your sets and reps, use fat-torching circuits that target all your muscles simultaneously. For example, create a circuit of squats, dumbbell bench presses, rows and chin-ups, and do each exercise for 30 seconds followed by 30 seconds of rest before moving on to the next exercise.
- Intermittent Fasting: Intermittent fasting increases the duration between meal times. As counterintuitive as it sounds, skip breakfast for the next few days and eat your first healthy meal of the day in the afternoon. And when combined with a calorie-restricted diet, fasting leads to a significant amount of weight loss.
- Take Fish Oil: Fat-burning supplements such as caffeine and carnitine get all the attention, but adding fish oil to your supplement regimen can actually help burn more fat. Taking fish oil while following an exercise program spikes fat oxidation and improves body composition and cholesterol numbers.
- Drink Coffee or Green Tea: Caffeine is a powerful supplement for those looking to burn fat quickly. It boosts lipolysis and fat oxidation, and reduces glycogen breakdown. It also acutely increases strength, helps to delay the onset of fatigue and blunts pain, allowing you to train harder for longer, which equates to more calories burned.