Quickie Metabolism Boost
Thirty seconds. That’s the sweet spot if you want your interval sessions to melt fat and slim your waist. Individuals who do four to six 30-second sprints with a four-minute recovery between each three times a week for six weeks lower their fat mass and their waist size. This routine combines 30-second intervals with strengtheners.
Total Time: 20 Minutes
You Will Need: a 15-20 pound weight
Calories Burned: 245
- After an easy warm-up of jogging in place or jumping jacks, go all out performing your cardio of choice. Duration: 30 seconds/ 9-10 RPE
- Do 10 reps of either push-ups, squats, lunges, or planks. Rest for the remainder of the time. Duration: 90 seconds/3-4 RPE
- Back to cardio. Go all out again. Duration: 30 seconds/9-10 RPE
- Do 10 reps of an advanced version of the move you did in round 1: staggered hand push-ups, goblet squats, reverse lunges, or leg-up planks. Rest for the remainder of the time. Duration: 90 seconds/5-6 RPE
- Repeat Numbers 3 and 4 8 times, continuing to go all out for your 30 second cardio intervals, and do a different strength move or variation for each 90 second interval. Duration: 16 minutes/ 9-10 and 5-6 RPE
- Leg-Up Plank: Start in a forearm plank. Lift right leg off floor, lower. Switch sides, repeat for 1 rep. continue alternating sides.
- Goblet Squat: Stand with feet wider than hip-width apart, toes out, and hold a weight vertically in front of chest with elbows bent. Squat, hold for 1 count. Stand for 1 rep. repeat.