Swiss Chard Oven Omelet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard, stems and ribs removed
- 4 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Heat the broiler to high and arrange a rack 4 inches from heat.
- Heat oil in an 8-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet. Add potatoes and onions and cook over medium heat, until onion is translucent and potatoes are just tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Fold in chard and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables and shake to distribute evenly. Cook until eggs are set around the edges and bubbling through the middle, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer skillet to broiler and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.