The Skinny on Chips
Remember when the choice was between plain and ruffled? These days, the assortment can be mind-boggling – and not all are as healthy as they seem. Check out the stats on five popular picks, but watch your portions. Many bags pack in multiple servings. These are based on a single 1-ounce serving.
- Tortilla: 140 calories – 6.5 grams fat.
- Quick Tip: Blue corn chips are higher in disease-fighting antioxidants and protein than the yellow variety.
- Regular: 154 calories – 10.5 grams fat.
- Quick Tip: Pick kettle-cooked chips and you will save 2 grams of fat.
- Sweet Potato: 151 calories – 9 grams fat
- Kale: 132 calories – 9 grams fat
- Air Popped: 120 calories – 4 grams fat