The Busy Person Park Workout
Research shows that when you are crazy-busy, exercising helps you balance work-home life better. And you don’t need a ton of time or a swanky gym to get in a good workout. The playground or the park can become your gym, using unique equipment to do heart-pumping, muscle-toning exercises. A slide, swings, and monkey bars test your balance, agility, and strength, using them you will burn calories and sculpt. Do 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps of each of these moves.
Hanging Bicycle (works shoulders, back, biceps, abs and obliques)
- Jump and grab one of the bars with both hands (palms facing down).
- Raise legs to hip level (so body forms an L shape).
- Draw right knee toward chest, then straighten leg and draw left knee in for 1 rep.
- Continue, quickly alternating sides.
Reverse Climb (works abs, butt, hamstrings)
- Crouch on the bottom of the slide, facing the top.
- Climb up as quickly as possible.
- Slide down or take the stairs for 1 rep
Walking Push-up (works shoulders, chest, biceps, abs and butt)
- Start in plank with hands on the far right side of the bench.
- Do a push-up, then walk left hand and foot left, then right hand and foot for 1 rep.
- Perform another push-up.
- Continue this pattern until you reach the end.
- Then walk hands and feet the other way until you complete all reps.
Split Squats (works butt, quads, hamstrings)
- Stand facing away from the swing with top of right foot on seat.
- Bend knees until right knee hovers above ground.
- Straighten legs for 1 rep.
- Do all reps, switch sides and repeat.