Kale Caesar with Crushed Croutons
- 2 small bunches Tuscan kale, sliced into 1-inch ribbons
- ½ cup lightly crushed plain or seasoned croutons
- ¼ cup coarsely grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the dressing, combine yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, anchovy paste, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 2 teaspoons water, and a good grind of pepper ion a large bowl.
- Add kale to the dressing and toss well by hand, gently scrunching greens into dressing for 1 or 2 minutes, or until slightly softened. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Add half of the crushed croutons and grated Parmesan to salad, and toss well.
- 158 calories
- 9 grams fat
- 14 grams carbs
- 9 grams protein