Roasted Carrot Salad
- 1 ¾ pounds carrots (about 10 medium), peeled and halved lengthwise and crosswise
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz. kale (1 small bunch), coarse stems removed and leaves cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup finely chopped pitted dates (1 ½ oz.)
- ¼ cup shaved pecorino or Parmesan
- Place a rack in center of oven; preheat to 450 degrees. In a medium bowl, toss carrots with 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange in a flat layer on a large baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown in spots and tender, about 20 minutes.
- Rub kale with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice until softened. Divide among 4 plates. Whisk together mustard, honey and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Slowly whisk in remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Top kale with roasted carrots. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with dates and cheese. Season with additional pepper.
- 271 calories
- 13 grams fat
- 6 grams protein
- 37 grams carbs