Green Spring Pea Coconut Curry
You can really taste the flavors of spring and early summer with sweet garden peas and pea shoots. The warm coconut curry offers an ideal counterpoint.
- 1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons green curry paste
- 1 pint of fresh spring peas or ½ bag frozen
- 1 tablespoon sugar (brown, cane, or coconut)
- 1 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons line juice
- ½ cup pea shoots
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Place coconut milk and chicken stock in a pot and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Whisk in curry paste and add half of the peas, along with sugar and fish sauce; cook another 3 minutes.
- Pour mixture into a blender (or use a handheld blender) and blend until smooth. Return to pot and heat again over medium high (Don’t boil).
- Add chicken and remaining peas; stir. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Add lime juice and stir.
- Divide between two bowls. Top with pea shoots and cilantro and garnish with lime.
- 354 calories
- 18 grams fat
- 18 grams carbs
- 34 grams protein