The Best Fat Fighting Foods
- Dairy: People who drink more dairy while on a low-calorie diet are more likely to lose 2 ½ more pounds than those who don’t.
- Protein: Folks are prone to lose more visceral fat in a low-carb diet than on a low-fat diet that is high in carbs.
- Oatmeal: For every 10 gram increase in soluble fiber a day, visceral fat is reduced by 4 percent over the course time.
- Vegetable Oil: Polyunsaturated fats (including omega-6 rich oils like safflower, soybean and corn) may prevent you from gaining visceral fat – and even help you build muscle.
- Fatty Fish: Like their omega-6 polyunsaturated cousins, omega- 3s (found in salmon, tuna, mackerel and sardines, as well as flaxseed and walnuts) may help whittle your middle.