Straight Up Back
Despite a plethora of more advanced equipment, the simple pull up bar remains one of the most effective tools at your disposal for building size and strength. You just have to commit (or recommit) to developing proficiency with the pull up bar, and this brutal gantlet will help you do exactly that. By using a weighted belt, you can add resistance that no cable station can replicate.
Perform the following workout once a week
- Weighted Pull Up – 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps
- Pull Up – 1 set of 25 reps
- Weighted Chin Up – 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps
- Inverted Row – 3 sets to failure
- Straight Arm Pull Down – 3 sets of 12 to 15 reps