Build a Sexy Back 2
Target your back with powerful moves and training tips to help create a strong, sculpted rear view.
Sexy-Back Secret: Wide Grip Pull Up
Why It is a Favorite: This compound exercise helps to both build width and create a nice V-Taper.
How to Do It: Grab a pull up bar with an overhand grip, spacing your hands about shoulder-width apart. Hang from the bar with arms fully extended, shoulders relaxed to stretch your lats.
Squeeze your shoulder blades together, arch your back, and pull yourself up, aiming to touch your chest to the bar. Hold the contraction at the top of the movement, then slowly lower back down and repeat.
- Straight Arm Pulldown – 2 sets of 15 to 20 reps
- Wide Grip Pullup – 5 sets of 8 to 10 reps
- Reverse Grip Bent Over Barbell Row – 4 sets of 8 to 10 reps
- Single Arm Dumbbell Row – 4 sets of 12 to 15 reps
- Straight Arm Cable Pushdown – 4 sets of 12 to 15 reps
- Back Extension – 4 sets of 10 to 15 reps