Chicken with Tomato-Olive Relish
- 4 (6 oz.) chicken breasts
- 3 plums (Roma) tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon back pepper
- Prepare chicken by sautéing. This dry heat method is quick and easy. If you pound the breasts thin, they will cook for about 2-3 minutes a side over high heat. Un-pounded breasts take a bit longer to cook; about 4-5 minutes per side. Coat a skillet with olive oil, heat over high heat, add breasts, cook for 4 minutes without moving them, then turn and finish cooking.
- In a large bowl, toss together all remaining ingredients. Serve chicken topped with relish.
- 382 calories
- 56 grams protein
- 6 grams carbs
- 15grams fat