The 15-Minute Workout
Turbocharge your slim down. Move faster – and blast more calories – with this get nimble, get –quick routine.
Two or three times a week, perform these moves as a circuit. Starting with the first exercise, do as many reps as you can in 20 seconds, then rest for 20 seconds before proceeding to the next exercise. Rest for one to two minutes at the end of the set. Complete up to five total sets.
- Acceleration Wall Drill:
- Place your hands on a wall, arms straight, and lean forward so your body forms a straight line from head to heels.
- Drive your left knee up; pause for one second, then return to start and immediately repeat with your right leg.
- Continue alternating as quickly as possible.
- Split Jump:
- Stand with your left foot two or tree feet in front of your right. Bend your knees to lower your body until your left thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Jump up quickly.
- Switching your legs midair so you land with your right foot in front, immediately lower into a split squat. Continue alternating.
- Lateral Bound:
- Standing on your right foot, bend your knee and sit your hips back as you swing your right arm behind you, keeping your chest lifted.
- Jump to the left, swinging your left arm behind you and landing softly on your left foot.
- Reverse the movement to return to start. Hold for three seconds, then switch legs and repeat.
- Base Rotation:
- Stand with feet just more than shoulder-width apart, knees bent and weight on your toes, rotate your shoulders and torso to the left.
- Keeping your shoulders facing In this direction, jump and rotate your lower body 180 degrees to the left.
- Then, jump to rotate back to start. Continue alternating quickly.