Salmon and Brown Rice Pasta with Kale Pesto
- 2 cups packed torn kale leaves, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 6 oz. skinless salmon filets
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 8 oz. brown rice pasta, spaghetti style
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
For the Kale Pesto
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add kale. Cook 30 seconds, then transfer kale to a bowl filled with ice water and let sit for a minute. Drain in a colander.
- In a food processor, combine kale leaves, salt, and olive oil. Pulse 10-12 times, or until finely chopped. Scrape down sides of processor, add miso, garlic, nutritional yeast, and pepper, and pulse until well combined.
For the Salmon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Season salmon fillets with salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Place a nonstick, oven-safe pan over high heat and add coconut oil. Once oil has begun to shimmer, place salmon fillets in pan and cook 1 minute each side, or until golden brown.
- Move pan to oven and cook 4-5 minutes for medium-rare.
For the Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse the cherry tomatoes.
- When pasta is cooked, toss with kale pesto and tomatoes. Serve pasta with salmon.
- 375 calories
- 15 grams protein
- 59 grams carbs
- 10 grams fat