- 2/3 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter milk
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 avocados
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chopped white onions (about ¼ onion)
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
- Whisk the sour cream, buttermilk, garlic, onion powder and sugar in a large bowl until smooth; season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Halve the avocados and discard the pits; scoop the avocados into the bowl with the dressing and mash. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, chives, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chips