Firm Fast with this Tool
The BOSU ball is basically half of a stability ball on a rigid platform. Do the following moves on one and you will feel wobbly, so more muscles have to work together to keep you stabilized. Do 2 to 3 sets of each of these moves.
Warrior Leg Lift: Works abs, butt, quads, hamstrings
- Stand on BOSU (black side down) with feet hip-width apart to start. Bend forward and lift left leg behind you as you extend arms in front of you so body forms a T position. Raise leg 1 inch; lower 1 inch. Return o starting position for 1 rep. d 8 to 12 reps. Switch sides; repeat for 1 set.
BOSU Burpee: Works shoulders, chest, abs, butt, quads, hamstrings
- Stand with feet hip-width apart and hold the BOSU with both hands (black side away from you) at chest level. Crouch, place BOSU on floor, jump feet back to plank, do a push-up, jump feet to hands, then stand and lift BOSU overhead for 1 rep. do 12 to 15 reps.
The Bicycle: Works abs, obliques
- Sit on BOSU (black side down). Roll onto low back and extend legs and bring palms behind head. Slowly reach right elbow to left knee (shown). Switch sides; repeat for 1 rep. do 8 to 12 reps.
Hop Over: Works abs, butt, quads, hamstrings, calves
- Stand to the right of the BOSU (black side down) with feet together, knees slightly bent, arms at sides. Hop over the BOSU to land on the left; immediately jump back to the right for 1 rep. do 12 to 15 reps.
Plank Reach: Works shoulders, chest, abs, butt, quads
- Start in plank with hands on the BOSU (black side down). Extend right arm in front of you as you lift left leg a few inches off the ground. Hold for a breath; slowly lower to plank. Switch sides; repeat for 1 rep. do 8 to 12 reps.