- 4 ripe avocados
- ½ red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 roma tomatoes or 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling.
- While grill is heating, cut the avocado in half and remove the pit; slice them lengthwise into ½-inch thick oval slices. Cut the onion into ½-inch thick round slices. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds and veins.
- Place the prepared vegetables directly over hot coals (about 450-500 degrees) and cook for 5 minutes (or until they char and start to soften), turning once.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and dice. Combine the diced vegetables, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and mix vigorously. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- 219 calories
- 3 grams protein
- 12 grams carbs
- 20 grams fat