Chili in a Flash
- 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef or turkey
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tbsp. ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium stockpot or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef or turkey and cool until brown, draining fat, if necessary.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion softens, approximately four minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 415 calories
- 38 grams protein
- 25 grams carbs
- 19 grams fat