Bring Sexy Back – Shoulders for Ladies
Sculpting strong, sexy shoulders is as easy as one, two, three. The most effective exercises for women to define their shoulders and delts are listed below. You can grab some weights and add this triple-=threat sequence to your workout. Do three sets of 10 to 12 reps each.
Dumbbell Standing Press:
- Standing with feet hip-width apart and a dumbbell in each hand, lift weights to shoulders, palms facing forward and elbows bent at 90 degrees.
- Press weights upward until arms are extended overhead, then lower to starting position.
45-Degree Incline Row:
- Lie chest-down on a 45-degree incline bench, holding a dumbbell in each hand with an overhand grip so palms face you. Let arms hang straight down toward the floor.
- Pull elbows toward ceiling by bending arms and squeezing shoulder blades together, then lower to starting position.
Seated Rear Lateral Raise:
- Sitting on the edge of a bench with a dumbbell in each hand and arms hanging straight down, palms facing each other, hinge upper body forward.
- Keep back straight and raise arms out to sides until elbows are at shoulder height, perpendicular to torso, then lower to starting position.