Bowled Over – 2 Tropical Twister
Top your carb and fiber rich oatmeal with sweet or savory toppings for a tasty nutritional boost.
Cook 1-cup steel-cut oatmeal according to package directions. When the oatmeal is cooked, add mix-ins to the pot and stir until heated through. Divide the oatmeal into 4 bowls and garnish each serving with toppings.
A splash of coconut milk adds sweetness, while mango packs plenty of Vitamin C, which can help lower blood pressure. Cacao nibs have great chocolaty crunch and good amounts of dietary fiber to keep you feeling full all morning long.
Stir into the pot:
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
Top each serving with:
- ¼ cup chopped mango
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 343 calories
- 54 grams carbs
- 9 grams fiber
- 9 grams protein
- 13 grams fat