1,500-Calorie Meal Plan Day 6
Breakfast: 395 calories
Shredded Wheat with Figs and Almonds
- Pour ¾ cup skim milk over 1 cup shredded wheat. Top with 3 chopped dried figs and 2 tbsp. slivered almonds.
Snack: 95 calories
DIY Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Lunch: 404 calories
- Split a 2 1/2 –inch piece of whole-wheat baguette; top with ¼ cup marinara sauce, ¼ cup shredded mozzarella, 1 tsp. chopped fresh basil and 1 chopped olive.
- Toss 2 cups chopped kale with 1 tbsp. tart dried cherries and 2 tsp. each olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Snack: 110 calories
Protein Power Snack
Dinner: 501 calories
Shrimp, Ham and Pepper Couscous
- Heat 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 3 oz. diced ham, 1 diced medium red bell pepper and 1 diced small onion; cook, stirring, until the vegetables soften, about 4 minutes. Add 3 large minced garlic cloves, ½ tsp. each smoked paprika, fennel seed and pepper and ¼ tsp. salt; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup no salt added diced tomatoes (with juice) and ¼ cup water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp and ½ cup frozen peas (thawed); cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup whole-wheat couscous. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes; fluff.
- Meanwhile, whisk 3 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add 8 cups mixed greens; toss to coat. Top with 1/3 cup each crumbled feta cheese and slivered almonds and ¼ cup dried cranberries.
- Serve the couscous with the salad.