1,500-Calorie Meal Plan Day 5
Breakfast: 395 calories
Whole-Grain Waffles with Ricotta and Berries
- Microwave ¾ cup raspberries for 1 minute. Toast 2 whole-grain waffles. Top each with half the berries, 3 tbsp. part-skim ricotta and ½ tsp. honey.
Snack: 108 calories
Veggie Juice and Cheese Stick
Lunch: 404 calories
Pinto Bean Tacos
- Toss ½ cup canned pinto beans (rinsed) with ¼ cup chopped tomatoes, 3 tbsp. thawed frozen corn, 1 tbsp. each red onion and cilantro, 2 tsp. lime juice, 1 tsp. olive oil and a pinch chili powder. Divide between two 6-inch corn tortillas and top each with ½ tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese and 6 oz. nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt.
Snack: 104 calories
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich
Dinner: 499 calories
Salmon with Roasted Vegetables and Quinoa
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Halve and seed 1 pound delicata squash, cut into 1-inch pieces. Toss with 4 cups cauliflower florets, 6 small shallots (quartered), 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until nearly tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Move vegetables to one side and place 4 portions salmon fillet (1 pound, skinned) on the empty side. Lightly coat the salmon with olive or canola oil cooking spray and season with ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Roast until opaque in the middle, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 3 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tbsp. maple syrup, 1 tbsp. olive oil and ¼ tsp. salt in a small bowl. Serve the salmon, vegetables and 2 cups cooked quinoa drizzled with the dressing and topped with ¼ cup toasted chopped walnuts.