1,500-Calorie Meal Plan Day 4
Breakfast: 392 calories
Coconut Chai-Spice Oatmeal
- 6 oz. nonfat plain yogurt with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tsp. chopped walnuts.
Snack: 108 calories
Veggie juice and cheese stick
Lunch: 404 calories
Spicy Black Bean Burger
- Whisk 1 tbsp. light mayonnaise with a dash of hot sauce. Spread on 1 whole-wheat hamburger bun. Cook 1 black bean burger in a nonstick pan. Top bun with burger, ¼ sliced avocado, 2 tomato slices, lettuce and 1 kiwi.
Snack: 104 calories
Strawberry ice cream sandwich
Dinner: 501 calories
Roasted Pepper and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine ½ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers (rinsed) and ¼ cup shredded provolone cheese in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of two 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken beasts nearly through to the opposite side. Season with ½ tsp. each dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stuff each chicken breast with half of the cheese mixture and press the edges together to seal. Place the chicken in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray and drizzle with 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
- Bake the chicken 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss 2 cups cooked whole-wheat orzo with ¼ cup chopped olives, 1 tbsp. olive oil and ¼ tsp. pepper.
- Steam 5 cups broccoli florets until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes; toss with 2 tbsp. butter.
- Serve the chicken, ozro, broccoli with lemon wedges, if desired.