1,500-Calorie Meal Plan Day 3
Breakfast: 391 calories
English Muffin and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
- Top 1 toasted whole-wheat English muffin with 1 thin slice Swiss cheese, ¼ sliced avocado, 2 tomato slices and a drizzle of hot sauce.
- Warm ½ cup skim milk in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix with ½ cup brewed coffee and 1 tsp. each sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder.
Snack: 112 calories
Nutty Rice Cake
Lunch: 398 calories
Bok Choy Chicken Salad
- Toss 3 cups shredded bok choy with 3 oz. skinless roasted chicken breast, 2 clementines (sectioned), 1 sliced scallion, 1 ½ tbsp. chopped peanuts and 2 tbsp. orange-ginger vinaigrette.
Snack: 93 calories
Dinner: 498 calories
Orange and Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin
- Bring 3 cups water, ½ cup each pearl barley and wild rice and ¼ tsp. salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, pulse ½ cup toasted shelled pistachios and 2 large minced garlic cloves in a mini food processor until it is chopped.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season 1 pound pork tenderloin with ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Heat q tbsp.. extra virgin olive oil n a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; brown the pork on all sides, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Brush the pork with 3 tbsp. orange marmalade and top with the pistachio mixture.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake on the center rack 12 to 16 minutes. Remove the pork to a clean cutting board and let rest.
- Meanwhile, toss 1 ½ pounds green beans on a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tbsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. lemon zest and ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Roast on the lower rack until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Slice the pork carefully to help keep the crust on, serve with the barley-rice blend and the green beans.