1,500-Calorie Meal Plan Day 1
Breakfast: 400 calories
Sprouted-grain toast with almond butter, maple syrup and pear
- Spread 2 tablespoons almond butter on 1 slice toasted sprouted whole-grain bread. Drizzle with ½ teaspoon maple syrup. Top with ½ sliced pear.
Café au lait
- Warm ¾ cup skim milk in microwave for 45 seconds. Mix with ¾ cup brewed coffee.
Snack: 110 calories
Lunch: 405 calories
Chickpea, veggie, feta salad
- Toss ½ cup canned chickpeas (rinsed) with ¼ chopped cucumber, ½ cup chopped tomatoes, 2 sliced radishes, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Top with 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese and 6 ounces nonfat plain yogurt with ½ cup sliced strawberries.
Snack: 99 calories
Dinner: 492 calories
Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 pound 90 percent lean ground turkey, 1 finely chopped medium onion, 1 finely chopped small red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1.2 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon cayenne; cook, stirring until the turkey is cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes. Add 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed) and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve the taco filling with 2 cups cooked brown balsamic rice, 12 Boston lettuce leaves (for the wraps), ½ cup prepared guacamole and ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream.